Thursday, September 29, 2005

Mother Nature doesn't read 'TV Guide'

Last night, I got the kids ready for bed and sat down to watch two of my favorite shows: Lost and Veronica Mars. I have to watch one while taping the other because, starting this season, they air in the same time slot. (Stupid TV execs... always moving shows around... grumblegrumblegrumble...) So I'm watching Lost when, out of nowhere, it starts raining outside. Before long, Mr. Hail and Mr. Lightning joined the party. That's when the electricity went out for several minutes. Twice.

I watched both shows (as best I could), and there were significant gaps in each. These are two shows, mind you, that have intricate ongoing plot lines that I may or may not be able to catch up on in the future.

Don't get me wrong. We needed the rain. Even with the constant running of the sprinkler, my lawn was getting pretty brown and crunchy. I'm just hoping that next time, Mother Nature will kill two birds with one stone and give us a good storm during According to Jim.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to try and watch the season premieres of Smallville and Alias. (Stupid TV execs... grumblegrumble…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home